A young woman awakes trapped in an enclosed space. She has no idea who she is or how she got there. With only her instincts to guide her, she escapes her own confinement—and finds she’s not alone. She frees the others in the room and leads them into a corridor filled with the remains of a war long past. The farther these survivors travel, the worse are the horrors they confront. And as they slowly come to understand what this prison is, they realize that the worst and strangest possibilities they could have imagined don’t even come close to the truth.
This is the kind of book you really need to go in blind. I am going to be rather vague in my review since that is what the author requested at the end of the book.
Things I liked:
1) Em- This girl was by far my favorite character. She was strong and brave and just bad ass.
2) I loved how there was struggle and also friendship in the book.
3) This will probably seem weird but I liked the whole not know much about the world or what was going on. It made it a better experience to read I think.
Things I was not fond of:
1) There were somethings that happened that were rather confusing and didn't really make much sense.
2) The ending- I am aware this is suppose to be a trilogy and obviously it would end weird but I just was not happy with it.
My rating: ♥♥♥♥
*I received this book from NetGalley on a read and review basis*