Monday, July 12, 2021

The Therapist by B.A Paris

 


Goodreads Blurb:

When Alice and Leo move into a newly renovated house in The Circle, a gated community of exclusive houses, it is everything they’ve dreamed of. But appearances can be deceptive…

As Alice is getting to know her neighbours, she discovers a devastating secret about her new home, and begins to feel a strong connection with Nina, the therapist who lived there before.

Alice becomes obsessed with trying to piece together what happened two years before. But no one wants to talk about it. Her neighbors are keeping secrets and things are not as perfect as they seem…


Things I liked:


1) I think this is my second book by this author and I just love her writing style so much. I find her books to be rather addicting.

2) I know Alice is not the greatest character and at times I found her annoying. I think she really made the book for me. I found Leo to be rather dull.

3) The dual timelines was done very well. I loved getting to learn about each woman.


Things  I was not fond of:

1) I feel like it took a long time for us to get the twist. Although I pretty much guessed it I still felt as though it shouldn't have drug on as long as it did. 

2) Leo was just not great. He had a lot of traits that I didn't love. 


I would recommend this if you loved the authors other works. I think it fits right in with those.


My rating: ♡♡♡♡




No comments:

Post a Comment