Monday, April 11, 2016

The Fever by Megan Abbott



Blurb from Goodreads:
The Nash family is close-knit. Tom is a popular teacher, father of two teens: Eli, a hockey star and girl magnet, and his sister Deenie, a diligent student. Their seeming stability, however, is thrown into chaos when Deenie's best friend is struck by a terrifying, unexplained seizure in class. Rumors of a hazardous outbreak spread through the family, school and community.

As hysteria and contagion swell, a series of tightly held secrets emerges, threatening to unravel friendships, families and the town's fragile idea of security.


Things I liked:

1) I really liked the writing of this book. It was heartfelt and sometimes humorous.

2) I also liked the family and friendship dynamic that each one of these characters had.


Things I was not fond of:
1) I went into this book thinking that it was going to be something scary and epic and that it was not. 

2) A lot of this book was just mundane day to day life. I didn't really think it picked up until the last half of the book. 



My rating: 💜💜💜




No comments:

Post a Comment