Friday, April 30, 2021

The Perfect Daughter by D.J. Palmer

 


Goodreads Blurb:

Grace never dreamt she’d visit her teenaged daughter Penny in the locked ward of a decaying state psychiatric hospital, charged with the murder of a stranger. There was not much question of her daughter’s guilt. Police had her fingerprints on the murder weapon and the victim’s blood on her body and clothes. But they didn’t have a motive.

Grace blames herself, because that’s what mothers do—they look at their choices and wonder, what if? But hindsight offers little more than the chance for regret.

None of this was conceivable the day Penny came into her life. Then, it seemed like a miracle. Penny was found abandoned, with a mysterious past, and it felt like fate brought Penny to her, and her husband Arthur. But as she grew, Penny's actions grew more disturbing, and different "personalities" emerged.


Things I liked:

1) The concept of this book was so unique and nothing I have read before. The DID aspect of it was super intriguing.  I think it really worked for this type of story. 

2) Grace was probably the best character I have read in some time. She loved Penny so much and really just wanted to find out the truth

3) I didn't think this book was super twisty but I still really loved the writing style. Not to say its boring because there was always something happening. 

4) That ending!! So I read a lot of thrillers so I tend to guess the twists most times but not this one.


Things I was not fond of:

1) The only thing I didn't love was one of the brothers. He brought conflict to the book so I get why he was put in it but dang that boy was so harsh.


My rating: ♡♡♡♡♡

No comments:

Post a Comment