Saturday, June 6, 2015

Suicide Notes from Beautiful Girls by Lynn Weingarten



From Goodreads: 
June barely has time to mourn the death of her best friend Delia, before Delia's ex-boyfriend convinces her Delia was murdered, and June is swept into a tangle of lies, deceit, and conspiracy.


My Review: 
Let me start my saying that I was so excited about reading this book but it really fell flat for me. 

Things I Liked: 
1) June- What a great friend. She stood up for a friend that she lost touch with. You really do not see that with teenagers.

2) Ryan- I felt bad for him in the beginning at least

3) Jeramiah- Even though he turned into someone I didn't like. In the beginning I really enjoyed how he wanted to find out the truth about Delia's death.

4) The mystery of the book in the beginning was great.

Things I was not fond of:
1) Ryan- The last part of the book he turned into a jerk and did really questionable things.

2) Once the mystery of what happened to Delia was revealed the book just went down hill from there.

3) Normally flashbacks would be in my liked list but in this book they were rather boring. I found myself skimming through most of them.

4) The perspective thing. The first half was pretty much in 1 perspective then it switched to 2 then back to 1. Why you may ask?? No idea because it really was not necessary. That annoyed me so much!

Overall, I didn't absolutely hate this book but then again I really didn't love it. The perspective thing really turned me off and confused me. I felt like the book was hard to follow because of that. 

My rating: ♥♥♥

*I received this book from Edelweiss on a read and review basis*

No comments:

Post a Comment