Let me start off my saying that this is my first cancer type book. Yes, this is my nice way of saying I have not read The Fault In Our Stars(Im ashamed).
What I liked:
1) Evie in the first half- Evie was such a great character in the beginning. She was strong and brave. She was accepting of the fact that she was going to die. She seemed happy in the hospital since she had friends there.
2) Stella: What a great character. Stella was so accepting. She was living her life to the fullest, which I loved so much.
3) Colin: Poor boy. He seemed to really like Evie. He wanted to make sure she was okay. He was so sweet in my opinion.
4) Evie's Parents: Wow, anyone would have been so lucky to have them as parents. I do think they were naive at times. They let Evie get away with a lot.
Things I was not fond of:
1) Evie in the last sections: Arg I do not know what happened to her but damn did she turn into this horrible character. I thought since she got a second chance in life she would be better but nope. I think this was the first character that I have read in awhile where the main character made me dislike her. With that being said I still did want to know what was going to happen with her.
2) The ending! I think the ending totally through me for a loop. I was so upset. This review took me 3 days to write because I needed to recover. WHY???????
My rating: ♥♥♥♥
* I received this book from Edelweiss on a read and review basis*