Monday, August 3, 2015

Awake by Natasha Preston


From Goodreads:
Scarlett doesn’t remember anything before the age of five. Her parents say it’s from the trauma of seeing her house burn down, and she accepts the life they’ve created for her without question—until a car accident causes Scarlett to start remembering pieces of an unfamiliar past.

When a new guy moves into town, Scarlett feels an instant spark. But Noah knows the truth of Scarlett’s past, and he’s determined to shield her from it...because Scarlett grew up in a cult called Eternal Light, controlled by her biological parents.


My review:
Let me start of by saying that I was really excited to receive and read this book. It definately let me down.

Things I liked:
1) I liked Scarlet as a character. She was kind of odd but for some reason I enjoyed her.

2) Noah- I was thinking I was not going to like him but he kind of grew on me.

3) This book was really fast paced.

Things I was not fond of:
1) The instalove. I hate instalove so much anyway but dang this one was ridiculous. Everything moved so fast!

2) The story went places I was not expecting but not in a good way. I felt like alot of the stuff that happened was for shock factor and really did nothing for the story.

My rating: ♥♥  
  
*I received this from NetGalley on a read and review basis* 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment