Debut author Laura Tims writes an intense and utterly gripping contemporary YA tale perfect for fans of Pretty Little Liars. Joy has done everything to protect her twin sister...including murder.
Joy killed Adam Gordon for what he did to her sister, Grace. At least, that’s what she thinks happened. Now Adam can’t hurt anyone ever again, and her sister can be free from the boy who harmed her.
But someone else knows what Joy did, and they’re going to out her as a cold-blooded killer if she doesn’t expose the scandalous secrets bubbling just below the surface of her mundane town. As the demands escalate, and she finds herself falling for Adam’s half brother, Joy must figure out the blackmailer’s identity before everything spirals out of control
Things I liked:
1) Joy- Although she was kind of all over the place for me I still really think she was an essential part of this book.
2) The writing of this was rather addicting. I just really wanted to know what was going to happen and could not put it down.
3) The twists and turns of this book were amazing. You could predict some things but not everything that happens.
Things I was not fond of:
1) For me there were a few things in the book that I really did not think were necessary and just took away from the main story.
2) The cussing I was not a big fan of at all. I felt it to be unnecessary most of the time.
My rating: ♥♥♥♥
*I was given this by Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review*