Sunday, July 29, 2018

The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich


Goodreads Blurb: 
Twenty-five years ago, Elmbridge High burned down. Three people were killed and one pupil, Carly Johnson, disappeared. Now a diary has been found in the ruins of the school. The diary belongs to Kaitlyn Johnson, Carly’s identical twin sister. But Carly didn’t have a twin . . . 

Re-opened police records, psychiatric reports, transcripts of video footage and fragments of diary reveal a web of deceit and intrigue, violence and murder, raising a whole lot more questions than it answers.

Who was Kaitlyn and why did she only appear at night? Did she really exist or was she a figment of a disturbed mind? What were the illicit rituals taking place at the school? And just what did happen at Elmbridge in the events leading up to ‘the Johnson Incident’?


Things I liked: 

1) This book had me hooked from the first page to the last. I was completely invested in all the characters. Had it not been for the 13 Reasons Why premiere I would have flown right through this book.

2) The concept of the book was done so well and not something I have read before. It had you guessing the whole book.

Things I was not fond of:

1) The ending was not bad at all. At the same time I feel like it left a lot to the imagination. I'm hoping for a sequel. 

My rating: 

No comments:

Post a Comment