Tuesday, July 31, 2018

The Cheerleaders By Kara Thomas




Goodreads Blurb:
There are no more cheerleaders in the town of Sunnybrook.

First there was the car accident—two girls gone after hitting a tree on a rainy night. Not long after, the murders happened. Those two girls were killed by the man next door. The police shot him, so no one will ever know why he did it. Monica’s sister was the last cheerleader to die. After her suicide, Sunnybrook High disbanded the cheer squad. No one wanted to be reminded of the girls they lost.

That was five years ago. Now the faculty and students at Sunnybrook High want to remember the lost cheerleaders. But for Monica, it’s not that easy. She just wants to forget. Only, Monica’s world is starting to unravel. There are the letters in her stepdad’s desk, an unearthed, years-old cell phone, a strange new friend at school. . . . Whatever happened five years ago isn’t over. Some people in town know more than they’re saying. And somehow Monica is at the center of it all.


Things  I Liked: 

1) The writing of this book was so addicting! I was thinking about the book even when I wasn't reading it because I wanted to know what was happening. 

2) Monica-When I first started reading this book I honestly thought she would be my least favorite character but she ended up being my favorite. She is such a smart girl and not at all the stereotypical main character that I see a lot.

3) The Flashbacks: I'm always I fan of these in books. Sometimes I feel like they are unnecessary but in this one I feel like they are crucial to the story. 

4) The family dynamics: There are a lot in this book and honestly most of them were amazing!

Things I Was Not Fond Of:

1) The only thing about this book that I was not a fan of was the ending. If I'm being completely honest I feel like that with a lot of books I read. In this ending  I didn't feel like it was summed up at great. It left a lot to the imagination. 


Overall I enjoyed this book and was so glad that I received it. 

My rating: 

*I received this book from NetGalley for free on a read and review basis*





No comments:

Post a Comment