Sunday, July 29, 2018

The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon



Goodreads Blurb:
Natasha: I’m a girl who believes in science and facts. Not fate. Not destiny. Or dreams that will never come true. I’m definitely not the kind of girl who meets a cute boy on a crowded New York City street and falls in love with him. Not when my family is twelve hours away from being deported to Jamaica. Falling in love with him won’t be my story.

Daniel: I’ve always been the good son, the good student, living up to my parents’ high expectations. Never the poet. Or the dreamer. But when I see her, I forget about all that. Something about Natasha makes me think that fate has something much more extraordinary in store—for both of us.

The Universe: Every moment in our lives has brought us to this single moment. A million futures lie before us. Which one will come true?


*Let me start off by saying I loved Everything, Everything and had major high hopes for this book* 

Things I liked:


1) I love Nicola Yoon's writing style. The way she tells a story is beautiful. 

2) Daniel: His personality was great. I didn't see what he saw in Natasha at all.

Things  I Was Not Fond Of:

1) Natasha-She was a boring character. She was rather selfish as well. By the end of the book I didn't really care what happened to her. 

2) I'm not the biggest fan of teenage love. This book had a lot of that in it. To me its rather cheesy and most of the time unnecessary. 

3) The ending-The main reason why this book got the rating that it did. I feel like I wasted all this time reading the book and literally got nothing at the end. 

Overall I was rather disappointed at this book

My rating: 


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear this didn't really work for you. I read it a couple of months ago and I actually liked it (probably 4 stars worthy for me). I agree with you that Natasha's personality wasn't the most potent and she definitely could have been jazzed up a little. I actually really liked the ending, though. I read it for a book club and we had such a fun time discussing the ending and what we thought happened next. Still, it's definitely one of those hate it or love it scenarios.

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete