This book follows Michelle. A young girl who lives with her mother and her mothers boyfriend. One day after an event her mother kicks Michelle out of the house. Michelle then decides to go to New York to go find a friend that lives there. When she gets to New York she meets Devon, he has no problem helping her. When she doesn't find what she is looking for Devon takes her to his house. Michelle then meets the other girls that live with Devon.
First let me say that this story has a really strong subject matter. Some people may not be able to handle this type of subject. This delves into the world of child prostitution. Of course we are all aware that it happens. This book for me put it in another perspective. For me it opened my eyes to how this has become a thing that happens today and we do not really have that much awareness against it.
Now on to the things I liked about this book:
1) Michelle- She was an incredibly strong character. A lot of things happened to her and she seemed to not let it affect her to much. She was so mature for her age. I am pretty sure she is 13-14 in this book.
2) Baby and Kat- Two other girls who are incredibly strong. Baby was younger than all of the girls.She was 12. She still acted like a child as she was one still. Kat as far as I could tell was the oldest. Poor girl.
3) The writing- This book captivated me from the beginning. The first chapter I just wanted to figure out what was wrong and what was happening.
4) I like how the book had back stories. We seen what happened before, during and after. That was great about it.
Things I was not fond of:
1) I wish this book was longer. I could have read more.
2) Devon- enough said. This guy was a jerk.
My rating: ♥♥♥♥♥
*I received a free e-arc of this from Edelweiss*