Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Perfect Chemisty by Simone Elkeles


This book follows Brittany Ellis, a rich girl who has everything. Her family is all about appearances. So they seem like your average "perfect" house. Her sister has cerebral palsy and she is struggling to help take care of her when her parents just want to send her away. Then Brittany meets Alex. Alex is a Mexican gang member who always gets in trouble. He is the kind of guy that no mother would want their daughter to be with. Brittany and Alex are teamed up together in there senior Chemistry class. Then of course things ensue. 

Let me start by saying that I loved this book so much. It was sad to read about each characters life. Both of them have had hard lives. Yes one is rich and seems to have it all but she had problems as well. 

Things I enjoyed:
1) I loved the alternating chapters from Brittany to Alex. I thought that was great because you really got to know each character from each situation or how they are at home and things like that. 
2) Brittany and her sister's relationship was amazing.

Things I wasn't fond of:
1) The Spanish that Alex and his family and family used. I didn't understand it and was to lazy to look it up. I do not think it takes away from the story though

My rating: ♥♥♥♥♥



No comments:

Post a Comment