Thursday, February 12, 2015

Liars Inc. By Paula Stokes


This book is about Max, a boy who doesn't like to tell the truth. Since he is so good at lying he starts Liars Inc. Liars Inc. is a "company" that Max starts with his friend Preston and his girlfriend Parvati. Liars Inc. is based pretty much in there high school. What the 3 friends do is they forge permission slips and cover for their friends when they need to go to a party or something but are grounded. 

One day Preston asks Max for an alibi to go to Las Vegas to meet a girl named Violet, that he met online. Then he goes missing. Max is trying desperately to find out what happened. The police seem to think he is involved in some way. Can Max find the truth and save himself?

What I liked: 
1) The writing of this was done so well. After I got into it I could not put it down. I just wanted to keep reading.
2) Each chapter you learned more and more and it was just shocking to know what really happened.
3) Max and Parvati's relationship- Although it really is unhealthy and seems more physical than anything I still adored the relationship. I liked that we got a bit of back story on the relationship and we didn't have to read about them falling in love. Im not big on romantic books so that was great. 
4) The whole mystery of it. I felt like what we found out about things was done well. It wasn't so fast but kept you in suspense. 

What I wasn't fond of:
1) I gave this a 4 start because it took me a bit to get into the story. I found the first 15% of the book to be kind of boring. In the end I ended up loving it but it doesn't grip you from the beginning that is for sure.

My rating: ♥♥♥♥



*I received this from Edelweiss as an e-arc for review*

No comments:

Post a Comment