This book follows Lisa, a young high school student, who seems to be your normal teenager. She has a boyfriend name Nate and lovely parents. Lisa's life comes to a screeching halt when Lisa and her parents are involved in a car accident that kills her father. Since this traumatic event Lisa has started to experience hallucinations. She starts seeing a therapist regularly.
Then Lisa gets an opportunity to babysit for a lady that lives on Fearstreet. Of course her mom and friends do not think its a great idea but Lisa decides to do it anyway because she wants to help out with bills. After this things ensue.
First off I did give this stars. I had a few issues with it but not enough to put my rating any less.
I loved these books when I was younger. This book really made me want to read more of these.
Things I Enjoyed:
1) I like the mystery of the story. I really had no idea what was going to happen in the story, which is always nice when you guess wrong.
2) The writing was done well. Of course since its R. L. Stine I don't think I expected anything less.
3) Lisa- I loved her character. She was smarter than I remember some of these characters being.
4) Nate- I will not lie. I did not like him for some reason in the beginning. Then when he did that thing I can't tell you about I liked him more. I didn't love him per se.
Things I was not fond of:
1) The book took me a bit to get into. I'm not sure why it just did.
2) This may seem dumb but I felt like the book was kind of dumbed down just so younger children could read it. Yes, I am aware its for younger kids but reading it as an adult I wasn't liking that at all.
Other than those things, I think anyone who likes R.L. Stine's writing should pick this up. Great!
My rating: ♥♥♥♥♥
*I received this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review*