Quinlan is a 17 year old closer. A closer is a person who acts, dresses, talks like a person who has passed. She helps the families have closure. She has been a closer for a very long time. Since this is her life she barely has a life outside of her own world. Then she gets an assignment to be a closer for a young girls family. Catalina's mother and father are the ones that wanted a closer. Of course there is a twist in this assignment. Quinlan must find out how Catalina died.
Things I liked:
1) Quinlan- I felt really bad for her during the whole book. She pretty much has no life. All her life experiences have been from different assignments. With that being said she makes some questionable decisions with some of the thing she does do.
2) Deacon- I loved him from the beginning. It seemed like him and Quinlan had a great relationship. Deacon is her helper. So whenever she needs anything while she is on assignment her is at her side. I do not agree with the way somethings happened with him but oh well.
3) Isaac- This boy I swear. He was not my favorite at the beginning because well he was a jerk. He clearly did not want Quinlan there and he made it known. He kinda made up for it by the end.
Things I Was Not Fond of:
1) Ange: Ange is Catalina's sister. She was very angry as well. She did come around at the end but I still found the things she said and did unforgivable.
2) I do feel like the ending was kind of rushed. Yes, alot of things did happen in the book but the ending was kind of open ended. I guess I should read the actual series instead if the 0.5 book. Maybe that is why it is like that.
My rating: ♥♥♥♥
*I received this book from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review*