Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Bomb by Sarah Mussi



From Goodreads:
When Genesis goes on an internet date she is only anxious that this latest guy won't be 'The One'. She's not at all worried about meeting a dodgy bloke or getting in too deep. And when her date appears she texts her best mate, Jackson, to let him know that she thinks this time, he just might be 'The One'. And he texts her back with a huge: I LIKE.

It's the one all right. But not in the way she expects.

For when Genesis wakes up the next day, she can't remember a thing. She can't remember where she is, or how she got there. And she can hardly move because she is strapped into some kind of body armour ... and then a voice sounds in her head: 'Get on to the 37 going north. You are strapped to a vest made entirely of explosives. At the push of one button I can detonate you right where you stand.'


To her horror, Genesis has become an agent of mass destruction. The countdown to detonation begins now...


My Review:


Things I liked:
1) The concept of the book was great! The whole reason I wanted to read was because of the synopsis( Why else right?).

2) Genesis' demeanor throughout the book. She didn't freak out when she found out what was happening. She was calm and collected.


Things I was not fond of:
1) It took me a bit to get into. Yes it started off like what is happening? For me in the beginning not much was said to make you continue. It took me awhile to actually say that I would continue. 

2) The plot was not executed right. It was such a great idea. Seemed like it would be action packed and amazing but for me it did not deliver.

3) Genesis need more development as a character. She had no personality at all. I did feel bad for her but by the end I didn't really care to much about what happened to her. I know that is sad to say but it is what it is.

4) The ending was the main reason why I gave this the rating I did. It was action packed then bam its over? That was not cool. Why would anyone do that?


I know it seems like I hated this book but I really did not. I found the writing to be done well. I would say pick this up if you want to read it. I think most people will probably enjoy it but it really didn't work for me.

My rating: 💜💜💜

* I received this from NetGalley on a read and review basis*


2 comments:

  1. I did not care for this book. The concept was great but the execution was pretty poor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I felt to! I was all excited even had a friend request it. Then I read and was not impressed

      Delete