Sunday, May 10, 2015

Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll


From GoodreadsAs a teenager at the prestigious Bradley School, Ani FaNelli endured a shocking, public humiliation that left her desperate to reinvent herself. Now, with a glamorous job, expensive wardrobe, and handsome blue blood fiancé, she’s this close to living the perfect life she’s worked so hard to achieve.

But Ani has a secret.

There’s something else buried in her past that still haunts her, something private and painful that threatens to bubble to the surface and destroy everything.

With a singular voice and twists you won’t see coming, Luckiest Girl Aliveexplores the unbearable pressure that so many women feel to “have it all” and introduces a heroine whose sharp edges and cutthroat ambition have been protecting a scandalous truth, and a heart that's bigger than it first appears. 

The question remains: will breaking her silence destroy all that she has worked for—or, will it at long last, set Ani free?


My review:
As soon as I seen that this was compared to Gillian Flynn I had to give it a shot. Although I do not like it when books are compared to other books because that just makes me so excited but then let down because I will compare them in my head. This one did not disappoint. 

Things I liked:
1) Ani- At first I was not sure if I was going to like her. She came off dare I say bitchy? She was not the nicest person at all. Then once we learned her story I was in love with her.
2) Flashbacks- The book is told in present and past events which I really loved.
3) I loved the mystery. The book kept you guessing.

Things I was not fond of:
1) I found at parts was kind of boring. 
2) It took me a few chapters to get into. If I was basing this review on that first 3 chapters I would have given this 2 stars.

I would recommend this book if you are a fan of Gillian Flynn. The writing is not at all the same but the story line is dark and pretty disturbing.

My rating: ♥♥♥♥

*I received this book from Net Galley on a read and review basis*



No comments:

Post a Comment