Monday, July 6, 2015

Swerve by Vicki Pettersson



Goodreads Blurb:
It’s high summer in the Mojave Desert, and Kristine Rush and her fiancé, Daniel, are en route from Las Vegas to Lake Arrowhead, California, for the July Fourth holiday weekend. But when Daniel is abducted from a desolate rest stop, Kristine is forced to choose: return home unharmed, but never to see her fiancé again, or plunge forward into the searing desert to find him…where a killer lies in wait.


My Review:
This book really surprised me. At first I was put off by the cover because it is not cute at all. I mean if I seen this in a bookstore I would not be very happy with it.

Things I liked: 
1) Kristine- From the beginning I knew I was going to like her. She endured some crazy stuff but still kept sane through it all.

2) Abby- Kristine's Daughter. I am aware that she is a young girl but I still liked her and just felt bad for her.

3) This book was emotional, action packed, and so intense. I loved that it sucked you in from the beginning. It took no time for the book to get going, which is always nice.

4) I loved the way this book was written. It has an addicting quality about it which is always great in a book! I stayed up til 4am reading this book :)

Things I was not fond of:
1) Daniel- What a horrible guy!

2) The cover- I do not actually like it at all and if I never read the synopsis I would never have wanted to read it.

My rating: ♥♥♥♥♥

I gave this book 5 stars because the things I didn't like about the book I can ignore because it was so good other wise.

*I received this from NetGalley on a read and review basis*

No comments:

Post a Comment