Monday, September 28, 2015

Until Beth by Lisa Amowitz


From Goodreads:
Talented rock guitarist Beth Collins has been barely holding herself together for months, ever since her boyfriend and bandmate became the latest victim in a string of suspicious disappearances. When her brother is injured an accident and she sees something dark billowing around him as he hovers close to death, she’s convinced her sanity is collapsing for good.

Then she's accepted by a boarding school for the musically gifted. All of her new friends are bursting with talent, but they're also keeping secrets. Can she trust Vincent, who's so sweet that his very touch makes her fears melt away? Or Xavier, who's trying to tell her something but is hiding even more?

And will anyone be safe when her true Talent comes out?


My Review:

This book was rather surprising for me. 

Things I liked: 

1) Beth- Although I found her to be kind of clueless in some parts but still really enjoyed her as a character. 

2) Vincent- I kind of found him to be creepy but I still really liked how he was with Beth. 

3) The writing- This author has a great writing style. I really enjoyed the mystery of it. 

4)  Xavier- Such an odd character but I looked passed that once his story was revealed. 


Things I was not fond of:

1) The end............................. seriously??? Why??

2) I kind of wish there was more explanation on certain things.


My rating: ♥♥♥♥♥ 

*I received this book from NetGalley on a read and review basis.*

No comments:

Post a Comment