Thursday, September 24, 2015

Denton Little's Deathdate by Lance Rubin



From Goodreads:
Denton Little's Deathdate takes place in a world exactly like our own except that everyone knows the day they will die. For 17-year-old Denton Little, that's tomorrow, the day of his senior prom.

Despite his early deathdate, Denton has always wanted to live a normal life, but his final days are filled with dramatic firsts. First hangover. First sex. First love triangle (as the first sex seems to have happened not with his adoring girlfriend, but with his best friend's hostile sister. Though he's not totally sure. See: first hangover.) His anxiety builds when he discovers a strange purple rash making its way up his body. Is this what will kill him? And then a strange man shows up at his funeral, claiming to have known Denton's long-deceased mother, and warning him to beware of suspicious government characters…. Suddenly Denton's life is filled with mysterious questions and precious little time to find the answers.

My Review:

So my friend and I picked 4 books to do a small readathon. This was my choice for "Book you are nervous to read". I am not sure why I was nervous to read this but boy am I glad I did.

Things I liked:

1) Denton- One of the best male protagonists I have read in quite some time. He did make mistakes but he was easily forgiven by me :)

2) The writing- This is the authors first book and boy oh boy he writes like a pro. I read this book in 1 sitting because I could not put this book down. 

3) Veronica- Not the most lovable characters but I liked her alot!

Things I was not fond of:

1) Taryn- I so did not feel sorry for this character. Most of the things she got I felt like she deserved. 

2) Phil- Oh my goodness! Why was he in this book huh?? Grr such a dumb character 


My rating: ♥♥♥♥♥


No comments:

Post a Comment