Tuesday, March 9, 2021

The Vanderbeekers of 141st Street by Karina Yan Glaser

 




Goodreads BlurbThe Vanderbeekers have always lived in the brownstone on 141st Street. It's practically another member of the family. So when their reclusive, curmudgeonly landlord decides not to renew their lease, the five siblings have eleven days to do whatever it takes to stay in their beloved home and convince the dreaded Beiderman just how wonderful they are. And all is fair in love and war when it comes to keeping their home. 


Things I liked: 

1) This book really didn't feel like a middle grade read to me. As an adult I felt like this book was so entertaining.

2) The relationship between the kids was so cute. The kids genuinely liked each other and wanted the best for one another.

3) The parents in this book were honestly amazing. I think normal parents are hard to find in middle grade books. I liked how the parents didn't shy away from hard topics with the kids and explained everything to them


Things I was not fond of:

If i'm being completely honestly I really have nothing bad to say about this book. 


My rating: ❤️❤️❤️❤️



No comments:

Post a Comment