Saturday, January 24, 2015

Ever Darkening by Janeal Falor



*I received this from NetGalley for review*. 

This story follows Kaylyn, a 17 year old girl who has spent all her life training to kill Malryx, the evil people in the world. When she finishes the mission she has no idea what to do next. This story tested friendships, her soul, and who she views the world she lives in.

First let me say that this was my first fantasy novel. I loved that this was fast paced with alot of action, not much romance which I always appreciate in books. 

What I liked:
1) Kaylyn, she was a bad ass character who I felt as though in some part that she was older than she really was. Which is not a bad thing. I enjoyed her maturity instead of being the cliche type girl who messed everything up.
2) Jorrin, he was very serious but dang did I love him. I especially loved how protective her was.
3) The world was explained very well. In the short time we were there I loved it.

Things I Wasn't Fond Of: 
1) The story was to short in my opinion. I would have loved for it to continue for another 100 pages or so. 

My rating: ♥♥♥♥


No comments:

Post a Comment