Thursday, January 22, 2015

Water So Deep by Nichole Giles



*I got this free to review*.

This book follows Emma Harries a changeling. When she was an infant she was dropped off with a human to live on dry land until she turned 18. After which she would be forced to move and stay in Atlantis and be forced to marry Merrick. Currently Emma lives with her mom, dad and brother. Emma try's so desperately to not get close to many people knowing that this change will happen and she will have to leave suddenly. She becomes friends with James, a new kid at school who really likes her. Emma try's really hard not to get close to James either since she first had a bad experience with her last boyfriend and second because of her change. Then her brother goes missing while her parents are away and she has to face what is happening to her.

What I liked:
1) Emma as a character was great. She wasn't selfish at all, far from it. She really tried hard to not build any new relationships with anyone knowing that she would be leaving and could not explain why. 
2) Keith. He is special needs which I haven't read to much about so that was very different but in a good way. He was so sweet but very naive.
3) James. Dang this guy was persistent. He could get annoying at times but I still felt like whatever it was he did he meant well and genuinely cared about Emma.
4) Gran. The one who knows it all and I loved her character.
5)The romance. I'm not a big fan of YA romance. I feel like most of the time it is done to fast and to me instalove is not reality. I loved how the romance was done in this story. 

Things I wasn't fond of: 
1) Tom. Enough said.
2) There was not much mermaid talk but that I really didnt mind because I wanted to learn all I could about Emma.
3) Merrick, not my favorite person ever. To arrogant and rude for me.

My rating: ♥♥♥♥

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for reading and reviewing! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete