Friday, January 16, 2015

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

Wow this book was beyond crazy for me to read. I heard the controversy surrounding this book but I still really wanted to read it. This book follows two characters Lochan and Maya who are brother and sister. They have a crappy home life where there mother is either always drunk or out with her boyfriends for days and even weeks on end. Lochan is a very shy and does not have any friends and he seems to like it that way. Maya seems to be a bit more outgoing but still not really. They are pretty much raising there 3 siblings by themselves. So I heard this book had incest in it .At first I didn’t understand where people where getting it and then it made perfect sense.

What I liked: 
1) I loved the character of Lochan. He was a very likable character. He was always trying to do his best in school and also in his home life taking care of his siblings. 
2) Lochan and Maya’s relationship as brother and sister was great. 
I literally cried at that one part that happened(if you read it you will know). I felt so bad for both of the characters. 
My rating: ♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment