Sunday, September 13, 2015

Mirrored by Alex Flinn


From Goodreads: 
A modern, multi-generational tale of Kendra, the witch from "Snow White," who trains Violet, an ugly, lonely, and heartbroken girl in the 1980s who transforms herself into "the fairest one of all" but still cannot win Greg's heart, and Celine, Greg's daughter with Violet's high school rival, Jennifer.

My Review:

This review will be different from my others because there was little to nothing I actually liked about this book. 

First off we have Violet who is picked on for her looks. Yes I felt bad for her but not that much at all.  I really didn't like the message this book sent about girls who are insecure about their looks.

Next we have Gary. The guy that Violet is trying to win over. One thing about Gary is he is such a jerk and Violet is trying everything to win him over. Why?? Don't ask me because it annoyed the crap out of me. 

I felt like this book was all over the place. The "Snow White" aspect of it was just so dumb. It really made no sense.

Finally we have the lovely Celine. She is the beautiful one and boy did she let you know. She was dull and just complained so much. 

To some this review all up I would have to say that I was bored, uninterested, and just wanted this book to end.  It took me so long to read because it was not exciting at all.

My rating: ♥♥
*I received this book from Edelweiss on a read and review basis* 

No comments:

Post a Comment