Monday, September 14, 2015

One by Sarah Crossan



From Goodreads:
Tippi and Grace share everything—clothes, friends . . . even their body. Writing in free verse, Sarah Crossan tells the sensitive and moving story of conjoined twin sisters, which will find fans in readers of Gayle Forman, Jodi Picoult, and Jandy Nelson.

Tippi and Grace. Grace and Tippi. For them, it’s normal to step into the same skirt. To hook their arms around each other for balance. To fall asleep listening to the other breathing. To share. And to keep some things private. The two sixteen-year-old girls have two heads, two hearts, and each has two arms, but at the belly, they join. And they are happy, never wanting to risk the dangerous separation surgery.

But the girls’ body is beginning to fight against them. And soon they will have to face the impossible choice they have avoided for their entire lives.


My review:
I am literally still thinking about this book. It was that great!

Things I liked:
1) I liked the verse style of this book. This was the first book that read in that style and I really thought that made the story more enjoyable.

2) Tippi and Grace- I thought both girls were great. Even though they are conjoined they still had rather different personalities and I loved them both

3) Dragon- Wow what a great sister. She had her issues but she was still there for both her sisters.

4) Yasmeen and Jon- The lovely friends who didn't care what Tippi and Grace looked like they still wanted to be there friends.

5) The Mom- Wow this woman went through so much with Tippi and Grace but still was such a great mother!


Things I was not fond of:
1) The ending- I do not want to give away spoilers but this isn't isn't on this list because I thought the ending was horrible I just wish it didn't go there.


This book is so good. It was written beautifully. I would recommend this book to everyone. Literally buy it the day it comes out. Go. Run!

My rating: ♥♥♥♥♥

*I received this book from Edelweiss on a read and review basis*



No comments:

Post a Comment