Thursday, March 11, 2021

Nightbooks by J.A. White

 



Goodreads Blurb:
A boy is imprisoned by a witch and must tell her a new scary story each night to stay alive. This thrilling contemporary fantasy from J. A. White, the acclaimed author of the Thickety series, brings to life the magic and craft of storytelling.

Alex’s original hair-raising tales are the only thing keeping the witch Natacha happy, but soon he’ll run out of pages to read from and be trapped forever. He’s loved scary stories his whole life, and he knows most don’t have a happily ever after. Now that Alex is trapped in a true terrifying tale, he’s desperate for a different ending—and a way out of this twisted place.

Things I liked:

1)  Alex was probably the smartest kid ever. In the beginning not so much though. His stories were actually good. 

2) Yasmin- I absolutely fell in love with this character the moment we met her. 

3) The witch- I know she's someone that were suppose to hate but I loved her story and just her in general.


Things I wasn't fond of:

1) The only thing about this book is the fact that we don't have another one yet! I need more of these characters and world!


My rating: ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment